Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hambo Hoedown - House 2 digi

This week's Hambo Hoedown Challenge is to use the free digital image of the house that we received for playing the previous week AND to use a household item somewhere on your card.  Wow, what a challenge!  I knew I had to think of something small and I didn't want to "copy" any of the incredibly creative ideas that I had seen the awesome Hambo Design Team use on their samples.  So, I went with toothpicks and used them on my porch steps - wooden steps leading up to a great big wood plank porch - something I've always wished for!  All of the papers I used are from the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist collection called Fly A Kite.  The whole Lime Twist line is so cute, but I was trying to keep this card a bit more masculine with the Fly A Kite paper pad.  Hope you like it!

6 comments:

  1. Love love it, Alli! The toothpick steps is so creative and I just love how you colored the house and the sky! It's just such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "are" so creative, not "is" so creative, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! What a great idea! Your colors are so bright and cheery too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea to use toothpicks for the steps! Precious card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card. What a clever idea to use toothpicks. Thanks for playing in the Hoedown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cute! Love your DP!

    Thanks for playing at the Hoedown! Hope to see you again this week!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete