Sunday, February 17, 2013

OWH VCMP - Caffeine Challenge

The fun continues at the OWH Presidents' Day Weekend Virtual Card Making Party!  The latest challenge is a caffeine challenge.  There is a tutorial from OWH linked up on how to make a shaped coffee cup card - it would be cute for a Starbucks gift card holder, BUT I didn't have the patience to try something new today.  There are lots of chores and work waiting for me today - LOL!

Instead I used a Hambo Stamps digi called Coffee Girl and used the brand new Stars & Stamps sketch #160.  This might be the first time I've ever posted a sketch card the same day the sketch was released (but I met the challenge I gave myself - and quickly, too!).  I did have to tweak the measurements on the sketch a bit - my strips were 7/8" wide so that I would have a bit of a border.  I also stopped matting the image at 3 x 4-1/4" so that more of the patterned paper would show.




3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! LOL, love the "more please!" :) Thanks for playing along with my caffeine challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have revisited this post and get a chuckle out of your card and image. Now I need to leave a little comment to tell you how much I enjoy it. PS on another post of yours....I'm not a foo foo kind of girl either so putting bling and lace on cards is very hard for me. PPS I'm also finding I need more sympathy cards as well as I get older...never easy to do them and harder when I HAVE to do it at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! I thought I was on a roll but you've gotten more cards made during this VCMP! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete